All Bookings made at Bumble Cottage is with a single person for the property (the "lead booker").
It is not a booking to a “group of people”; there is one contract and these contractual obligations are owed to one person. The transaction is the letting of Bumble Cottage to the lead booker to use the property subject to the rules of occupancy (see below) at Bumble cottage on a maximum occupancy of 4 person’s. Those persons nominated by the lead booker at the time of booking may also stay in the cottage provided that they comply with our terms of occupancy/use. Only those persons intended to stay when the booking is made are allowed unless notice is given to the owner and agreed in advance.
Bumble Cottage has stairs leading down from the car park area and also into the court yard garden leading to the rear door. The cottage is therefore considered unsuitable for small children or if you have mobility issues. Please do not book if this applies to you.
- Check in time is any time after 4pm on the day of arrival. Check out time is 10am or before on the day of departure.
- The guest is responsible for ensuring that the accommodation is left in the same condition as it was upon arrival.
- Lock and close all doors and windows before checking out.
- Keys to be returned to the key safe on departure. Please note that if the keys issued are not returned to the key safe at the end of your stay, then a replacement charge of £25 will be applied.
- Guests are requested to remove footwear before walking on any carpeted area within the cottage.
- Guests are asked to follow the rules on recycling and to leave out the waste to be collected on the appropriate bin days.
- Guests are requested to report any issues directly with the owner by telephone or email as soon as possible and the owner will endeavour to resolve those issues in a timely fashion.
- No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 4 persons and only those guests booked to stay by the lead booker at the time of booking can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Not to cause any nuisance or damage to the property.
- One dog is permitted on payment of a pet fee. No dogs are allowed upstairs and in any bedroom.
- There is a no smoking policy at Bumble Cottage.
- Candles are not allowed inside the cottage.
- Guests have the use of one dedicated parking space via the rear of Bumble Cottage. The space is clearly marked as belonging to the cottage, and guests must not park in the space belonging to the neighbouring property – even if it is apparently unused. There is a local pay and display car park for any additional vehicles.
- In the interest of safety, we ask all guests, and in particular any children, not to climb the wooden ladder leading up to the shed and not to enter the shed unless something is needed in case of an emergency.
- We, or our representatives, reserve the right to enter the property at any time (notice will be given) to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage.
- The guest may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- Wi-Fi is provided for free whilst you are at Bumble Cottage. Please note that Wi-Fi and broadband are not included in the contract to provide accommodation although we will try to ensure an unbroken service.
- It is a condition of using the wifi and /or broadband services that you and your party use them responsibly and do not use them for illegal activities. We will cooperate with legal authorities to the fullest extent if asked to provide information about usage, logs or other records.
Not to misuse any of the household appliances or devices. All manuals and instructions for the appliances are kept together in one floor cupboard in the lounge. Please consult the instructions if unsure how to use any appliance/device before using it.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
Should the owner cancel the guest’s booking – due to unforeseen events at Bumble Cottage
(fire, flood, illness, closure of the property etc) or overbooking by the owner – A FULL REFUND will be provided to the guest.
The following guest cancellation policy only applies to guests that have booked directly. If booked via an online travel agent (such as Airbnb) the relevant cancellation policy that was in place at the time of your booking via the online agent shall apply.
If cancel >28 days before – full refund (less a £25 admin fee)
If cancel 14-28 days before – 75% refund (unless rebooked)
If cancel 7-14 days before – 50% refund (unless rebooked)
If cancel < 7 days before – 25% to zero refund (unless rebooked).
50% of the rental cost is payable at the time of booking to secure your booking. The remaining 50% is payable no later than 14 days before the arrival date. In the event that the final payment is not received 14 days before arrival than the owner is at liberty to remarket those dates on the 13th day before the arrival date. If the dates are rebooked than the original 50% payment will be refunded less a £50 admin fee. If the property is not rebooked than no refund will be given.